Green Card Attorney Referral Service
Why would I need an Immigration Law attorney when it comes to my green card?
Green card applications can be extremely confusing. If you should make an error on your application it can ruin your chances of being granted the right to live and work in the U.S. Unfortunately it is very easy to make an honest mistake on your application, but working with an immigration law attorney will ensure you have covered every aspect of the application correctly.
An immigration law attorney has studied for years to understand the complexities of this specialized area of law and will know exactly how to avoid issues in the filing process. Importantly, they will be able to offer assistance in your own language so that you are better equipped to understand the process.
What is the benefit?
There are many benefits to hiring an Immigration Law attorney including that they will:
- Understand whether you are eligible for green card status, to avoid the risk of being deported
- Thoroughly review your individual case and be certain your application contains all of the necessary details to improve your chances of receiving your green card
- Take the steps necessary to avoid the risk of long delays as they understand the system and know how and when to file for best possible outcomes
- Avoid delays due to missing additional documents that must be filed based on your particular application
- Review your history of any past issues with the authorities to ensure your behavior will not lead to detention in a correctional facility
- Avoid errors that will slow down the process – or worse, bring negative attention to your current status
How do I choose a green card attorney that is right for me?
Finding the right lawyer is vital to your Green Card application – and it is important to avoid those who might not have your best interests at heart. Avoid lawyers who may approach you at the immigration office – instead look for one who is recommended and has demonstrated experience with successful Green Card applications.
- Specialize in Green Card applications
- Offer services in your language or works with interpreters
- Be part of a law office with professional staff who answers questions promptly and are able to set up your appointments and consultations without delay
- Be empathetic, and be someone with whom you feel comfortable sharing personal information
- Have a proven success rate in immigration law
- Assure you that the attorney will be handling your case themselves and not passing it on to a junior member at their firm
An immigration attorney will help you through the Green Card application process in order to ensure you are granted permissions to live and work in the U.S. Contact us at 818-340-4529.